Professional Birth Photographer
As a professional birth photographer and member of the International Association of Professional Birth Photographers, I am committed to preserving the integrity of birth photography.
- I will exhibit professional conduct at all times. This includes interactions with clients, peers, medical professionals, birth team members, support staff, administration and others. I will remember that in each interaction I am the face of the birth photography industry and I represent it as a whole.
- I commit to follow all hospital/birth center rules and regulations.
- I will be honest and kind to clients, peers and other birth professionals.
- It is an industry standard to ensure that I have backup gear when shooting birth photography.
- I carry appropriate insurance for my business
- I am accountable to my clients. I abide by our contract in regard to being on call, image delivery, and archiving.
- I agree to abide by copyright laws.
- I have the appropriate business license in accordance with local state, regional, and national laws.
- I pay tax in accordance with the local, state, regional, and national laws.
- I utilize legal contracts with all clients to protect both my business and my client.
- I do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability, or other factors.
- I will show respect for the birth space at all times. This includes respecting the birth choices a family makes, the birth team, care providers, location rules, and family members involved.
- I agree that the job of the medical staff is a higher priority than getting a particular photograph.
- I provide my clients with confidentiality in accordance with our contract at all times. This is particularly important when sharing my presence at a birth as well as images, especially this of intimate nature, on social media. As a Professional Birth Photographer, I always make sure I have permission before sharing images.